Cannabis and Animals. What Are the Benefits of CBD and THC for Your Pets?
Medical cannabis can be used by humans and animals alike.
And we are not talking just about cats and dogs, but other animals as well.
CBD dog treats, canna-pet cbd oil for cats, pet cbd drops and other products have been increasingly popular in recent years. Some of them are pure CBD and some contain small amounts of THC, namely topicals, since cannabinoids contained in them do not get into the animal’s bloodstream. Keep in mind that they do in case of transdermal products like patches.
Cannabis for animals can be used both internally and externally.
- Senior Pets. Cannabis products can help manage arthritis and problems with hips and joints. Cannabis can actually help curb inflammation that plagues older animals.
- Bug Bites. Soothing balms containing CBD and THC can be used for insect bites to prevent scratching and irritation. Cannabis oil can be used as an antiseptic for wounds.
- Skin Care. Fluffy pets are prone to dermatitis. Cannabis oil or creams can help prevent skin problems and can also be used for a variety of skin conditions.
- Energy Levels. Active or old pets may suffer from fatigue, and muscle aches. CBD products may help with muscle soreness and relaxation after a training session or prolonged walk.
- Pain. Cannabis is widely used for relieving the pain caused by arthritis, bone pain or other diseases.
- Anxiety. If the animal is restless, cannabis may help with anxiety. It is especially essential during the holidays, when there are lots of loud noises, fireworks, and crowds, or after travelling. It may also help to deal with separation anxiety when you are away.
- Cannabis may help with inflammation, and according to some studies help manage cancer symptoms.
- Digestive Issues. Normalization of digestive processes, help with nausea and vomiting.
- Appetite. It can help with loss of appetite and subsequent weight loss.
- If the animal has seizures, convulsions, and muscle spasms, cannabis can be used both internally and externally.
It may take up to 28 hours for you to see the effects of cannabinoids on your pet. Always start with a low dose indicated on the chart and adjust accordingly. You can give the oil to food or use a dropper to deliver it orally.
The table provided below on the suggested amount of CBD to provide for your animal is for estimation purposes only. You need to consult your veterinarian on the use and dosage of cannabinoids, and they will set the precise amount. And remember it is advisable to start on the lower side to let the system get used to it.
|Small dogs/cats||125 mg|
|Medium Dogs||250 mg|
|Large Dogs/Small Horses||750 mg|
|Huge Dogs/ Horses||1500 mg|
If you can not apply it externally, you can give cannabis to a dog using the following methods and forms:
- Using an oral syringe with a silicone feeding tip for paste or oil.
- Placing the product directly on the tongue or back of the mouth.
- Adding it to a treat or meal.
- In case the product is not oil based, adding it to the water bowl.
Do not under any circumstances should you blow smoke at the animal. It will not do any good for them.
Cannabis for animals should be used with caution and only after consulting a veterinarian. Know that you can help your pet, but you need to do it carefully. CBD, and sometimes CBN and CBG and other non-psychoactive cannabinoids are used for pet treatment. Rarely, a vet can advise giving THC to your animal, but that usually happens in more severe cases.
Take care of your animal’s health, spend a lot of time with them, give and receive love and enjoy!
As the snow melts and the temperatures start to rise, Colorado is the perfect destination for spring tourism.
Embark on an unforgettable journey through the Pacific Northwest on a Columbia and Snake Rivers Cruise, following the historic Lewis and Clark Expedition.
We are excited to announce the opening of our newest dispensary on Hayden Island in Portland, Oregon.
Cannabis is a wonderful way to relax and unwind after a long day, but when consumption gets out of control, it can lead to negative consequences.
The relationship between music and cannabis has a lengthy and closely connected past, with numerous individuals viewing the two as complementary.
Golf is a popular sport in Colorado, with its stunning views and challenging courses that attract players from all over the world.
Cannabis has a long and complex history, dating back centuries to its first recorded use in ancient civilizations.
With the legalization of cannabis in more and more states, the cannabis industry is booming.
Cannabis is becoming an increasingly popular wellness tool, with many people using it to aid in meditation, relaxation, and even enhancing their workout routines.
Stock up on premium strains at a great price
March sale of your favorite edibles
Get the best price on vape cartridges
Huge discount on Silver Stem prerolls! Get them now.
Sign up and save! Get a special discount just for joining.
Get a discount on your purchase to enjoy the festival!
Get a great deal on half ounces of select premium strains!
Get it now at select Silver Stem locations!
Try 15 strains and get a penny ounce as a reward!
Get a permanent discount as a senior citizen!