How to Use a Bong. Beginner's Guide
A bong is a water pipe used for smoking cannabis. If you're looking for a way to use the tool better, this guide will tell you everything you need to know about how to use one.
What is a bong?
A bong is a water pipe, traditionally made from glass, that's used for smoking marijuana. Since the 1960s, when it became popular in the US and Canada.
A bong is a water pipe used for smoking weed.
A bong is a water pipe used for smoking weed. It's a simple device that filters and cools the smoke before it reaches your lungs. The bong makes the smoking experience smoother but it does filter out some THC as well. Bongs can be made from many materials, including glass, metal, ceramic and acrylic. The most common types are glass bongs or plastic bongs (called "water pipes" by some people).
How to smoke a bong.
But how do you use a bong? That depends on what kind you have. There are many different types of bongs available today; some are simple and inexpensive while others can be quite elaborate - and expensive! Smoking a bong is similar to smoking a pipe or joint, but there are a few key differences. If you're new to bonging and want to learn how to get started with this method of smoking weed, it's important that you understand the process before diving in. So if you're new to bongs, here's how to use a bong for the first time:
- Step 1: Fill the base with water until it covers all the holes at its base. You can use tap water or distilled water; just make sure that it is clean and free of harmful chemicals. The more water there is in the base, the smoother your smoke will be; however, if there is too much water in the base, your hit will be less potent and you'll have to refill it more often between hits. And you can even swallow some water with an extra large hit.
- Step 2: Prepare your weed by grinding it up into fine particles (if necessary) and packing the bowl on top of your bong so that there's enough room for air flow through the stem section.
- Step 3: Place your mouthpiece over top of your bowl (or bubbler), light up your cannabis while closing the side hole (if your bong has one) and inhale gently until you feel like you are getting close to finishing up all of your smoke before blowing through by releasing the hole or taking out the stem.
How to pack your bowl.
The bowl is the part of your bong that you put your marijuana bud into, and it's where you light up. It's usually made of glass or ceramic and sits on top of the downstem. You can fill it with as much marijuana as you deem necessary. When using a glass piece, like a pipe or other smoking device, make sure not to pack too tightly because this could cause blockages in the stem (the tube).
The Bong Downstem.
The downstem or simply stem is the part that connects your bowl to your bong. It's usually made from glass, and it filters the smoke as it passes through to the chamber. The downstem can be straight or bent - with a straight one, you'll have more control over how much of your smoke gets filtered; but with a bent one, you'll have more room for bigger hits (and thus more filtration).
The downstem can also be removable; this allows for easy cleaning and storage. Or if the piece is fixed at its base by an adapter or joint connection, then it may not be removable at all! If your piece has an adjustable downstem with two joints (one in which you can slide up or down), then that means even better flexibility in terms of hit size: simply adjust one joint higher than another for bigger hits or leave them both at their lowest setting for smaller ones!
The Bong Base.
The base of the bong is where you place your weed. Some bongs have a separate bowl and stem, while others have them built into the same piece of glass or ceramic. The base can be made of metal, wood, plastic or any other material that's strong enough to hold up against pressure from water.
What Are Percs?
Percolator bongs are a type of water pipe that uses an extra filtration system to cool, filter, and otherwise improve the quality of smoke by adding water. The percolator usually sits at the bottom of your bong and can be made up of anything from glass rods to ice cubes. The little pieces in between work together to trap particulate matter like tar while also making sure your hits stay smooth as silk.
If you're familiar with dabbing or vaping, then you probably already know plenty about percs: they're essential for any serious smoker looking to take their smoking experience up a notch or two.
Bong Parts You Should Know.
The Bong Parts You Should Know.
The bong itself is made up of:
- A base (where the stem meets the water).
- A chamber (this is where you put your weed or tobacco).
- An optional percolator/diffuser - this helps break up smoke into smaller particles and cools it down before it reaches your mouth. *Diffusers tend to be built into the bowl piece or base of a bong, but there are also stand-alone diffusers that can be added onto any standard bong setup.
- The downstem is another part of your bong that comes in different shapes and sizes. It’s simply a tube that connects from one end of the chamber to another, allowing fresh air in while still keeping any debris out.
Whether you're looking for a new way to smoke your favorite herb or just want to learn about bongs, this article is for you! We've touched on some of the most common types of bongs and their differences. We also talked about how to pack a bowl, what kind of base material will work best for you (wood or acrylic), and how percs work within a bong system.
Exploring the benefits of an Oregon medical marijuana card online?
The soothing effects of cannabis have been recognized for centuries.
Portland, fondly known as the "City of Roses," becomes a hive of activity during summer.
It's time to prepare for one of the most awaited events - July 4th.
Denver, affectionately known as the 'Mile High City,' brims with exciting summer activities.
Portland offers an array of activities and events to commemorate the 4th of July.
Certain medical conditions allow for legal access to therapeutic cannabis.
Have you ever wished that picking up your cannabis order was as easy as getting fast food at a drive-thru?
Have you ever consumed too much marijuana and found yourself feeling uncomfortably high?
Save big on the products you love!
Don't miss out!
Stock up on premium strains at a great price
Huge discount on Silver Stem prerolls! Get them now.
Sign up and save! Get a special discount just for joining.
Get a discount on your purchase to enjoy the festival!
Get a great deal on half ounces of select premium strains!
Get it now at select Silver Stem locations!
Try 15 strains and get a penny ounce as a reward!
Get a permanent discount as a senior citizen!