Most people prefer flower - smoking it through a pipe, bubbler or in joints.
But concentrates have been increasingly growing in popularity in recent years and we decided to compile a mini guide for your reference.
Colorado Cannabis Concentrate Limits
Starting October 1, 2016, adults 21 years of and can purchase up to 8 grams of concentrate or 800 mg of edibles in one transaction, (This law has some gray areas, namely as to what is a "single transaction", so most recreational stores exercise caution and will serve you only once a day).
Consumers can still buy up to 1 ounce (or 28 grams) of marijuana flower. These limits and calculations cover only products containing THC. If the edibles contain high doses of CBD but no THC, these limits do not apply.
8g concentrate = 1 oz flower
8g concentrate = 800mg edible
And you can always mix and match flower, edibles and concentrates, but all these calculations may be a bit confusing. When planning a trip to your favorite dispensary or ordering online, remember that 1/8 of an ounce of flower is equivalent to 1 gram of concentrate or 100 mg of edibles. And you can always ask your budtender for help.
1g concentrate = 1/8th oz flower
1g concentrate = 100mg edible
Types of Concentrates
When choosing a concentrate, it is initially difficult to understand how they differ from each other, and what criteria should be used - Silver Stem offers several of those for your consideration:
● One of the most common ones is liquid and solid. Liquid includes cartridges, syringes, etc. Solid includes all the others - wax, shatter, rosin, etc.
● Traditionally, concentrates are differentiated by the type of flower used for the production of the concentrate - indica / sativa / hybrid. The type of flower has a direct impact on the resulting effect - relaxation, sleep, energy, etc. Also, in addition to the type of flower, most concentrates are made from a specific strain (Kosher Kush, Cotton Candy Kush, Blue Dream, etc.). Accordingly, you can be specific in your choice of type, as well as strain.
● By type of extraction. Solventless or Non-solvent Concentrates - whether it was made using a solvent, namely Butane Hash Oil, Propane Hash Oil, CO2 or alcohol or by using water, temperature or pressure. Solvent-Based - chemical solvents are used to produce concentrates. Butane Hash Oil, Propane Hash Oil, CO2 or alcohol. Both of these types of concentrates have the same effect on the consumer, and their purity and strength do not depend on the type of extraction.
● Potency. It is basically the same as with flower - each concentrate has a certain percentage of THCn. In this regard, you should be careful with the amount you consume, especially if you are a beginner. The % is stated on the products.
● Method of consumption. Concentrates provide a wide array of options. Vaping - done with the use of a vaporizer and oil cartridges. Smoking - adding various concentrates to your joint/flower is a convenient way to get a powerful hit. Dabbing - flash vaporization of marijuana concentrates through their application to a hot surface and inhaling.
Most people know the main types of cannabis concentrates - wax, shatter, sap, live resin, rosin, etc. But there is so much more. Recently we have take a closer look at THCA crystalline - the most potent cannabis extract out there, often referred to as diamonds. In addition to these, we would like to consider the following rare concentrates:
● Moon rocks is a form of cannabis that should not be overlooked. They were made for true connoisseurs looking for a way to elevate their smoking experience. You can even make this special concentrate yourself from fresh whole nugs, concentrates (like shatter or crumble), and kief. But do not use a grinder. Simple tear each moon rock into smaller, pieces convenient to smoke.
● Cured resin. You probably heard about live resin, which is very similar to the cured one. As you know, live terpens are used for production of live resin, deep fresh freeze and other technologies. Cured resin is made from cured flower, or rather nug run material.
Of the other less known concentrates you should also take note of caviar, sugar, crumble, budder, kief, etc. We will talk more about these concentrates in our future articles.
We hope this information was useful and helped you understand the amazing world of concentrates better. You might also check out the article about the 710 Holiday or Concentrates Day.
There is never a good reason NOT to have a spontaneous romantic evening with your partner, followed by passionate and naturally enhanced love making.
Due to the recent health scare of vaporizer cartridges causing lung problems and respiratory issues, we here at Silver Stem want to assure our customers of the safety of the products we carry and sell.
It’s 2019 and some things are better left in the past, especially considering that most of them have never been true in the first place.
Today we will talk about the fun part of infused cooking - our list of top 5 quick and easy recipes.
There is currently plenty of edibles and other cannabis products available at dispensaries with new ones popping up every month.
There are numerous ways to cook using cannabis - you can simply decarboxylate your raw material in an oven, infuse it into oil, make it into butter and so on.
It’s been a long and tough road for cannabis legalization in Colorado - from medical cannabis becoming legal in 2000, to becoming the first state to legalize and implement recreational cannabis cultivation, retail, and manufacturing in 2014.
Picking the right marijuana concentrate is only a part of the task if you want to get the most out of it. Proper storage is a crucial element.
Plenty of people enjoy cannabis for medical purposes as well as recreational. The latter might have various uses and one of them is to boost creativity and relax
Throughout September visit our Northfield location for an amazing deal on delicious edibles from 1906 Highs.
Happy Labor Day!
Stop by for some PHINE cannabis!
Come Celebrate Labor Day with Us!
Come celebrate Labor Day with Silver Stem Fine Cannabis.
Enjoy select strains from Silver Stem Fine Cannabis for just $99 an ounce.
Buy O.pen Craft Cartridge and get your choice of a 2.0 battery or 10 pack pressie for a penny.
Buy your favorite Silver Stem strains at a special price.
All weekend long, take advantage of our flower special - get any Silver Stem gram for $5.
This weekend, enjoy ALL Silver Stem Fine Cannabis strains on special tier at our Sheridan location.