Cannabis Concentrates 101
Concentrates have been increasingly growing in popularity in recent years.
Most people prefer flower but concentrates have been increasingly growing in popularity in recent years and we decided to compile a mini guide for your reference.
What is a Concentrate?
A concentrate or extract is a highly concentrated product or mass created from the marijuana plant using various extraction/separation processes.
Types of Concentrates. How Do They Differ?
When choosing a concentrate, it is initially difficult to understand how they differ from each other, and what criteria should be used - Silver Stem offers several of those for your consideration:
● One of the most common ones is liquid and solid. Liquid includes cartridges, syringes, etc. Solid includes all the others - wax, shatter, rosin, etc.
● Traditionally, concentrates are differentiated by the type of flower used for the production of the concentrate - indica / sativa / hybrid. The type of flower has a direct impact on the resulting effect - relaxation, sleep, energy, etc. Also, in addition to the type of flower, most concentrates are made from a specific strain (Kosher Kush, Cotton Candy Kush, Blue Dream, etc.). Accordingly, you can be specific in your choice of type, as well as strain.
● By type of extraction. Solvent Based - made using a solvent, namely Butane Hash Oil, Propane Hash Oil, CO2 or alcohol to create wax, shatter, resin, or vape oil. Solventless - using water, temperature or pressure to create extracts like rosin, hash, sift.
● Potency. It is basically the same as with flower - each concentrate has a certain percentage of THCn. In this regard, you should be careful with the amount you consume, especially if you are a beginner. The % is stated on the products.
● Method of Consumption. Concentrates provide a wide array of options. Vaping - done with the use of a vaporizer and oil cartridges. Smoking - adding various concentrates to your joint/flower is a convenient way to get a powerful hit. Dabbing - flash vaporization of marijuana concentrates through their application to a hot surface and inhaling.
Most people know the main types of cannabis concentrates - wax, shatter, sap, live resin, rosin, etc. But there is so much more. Recently we have take a closer look at THCA crystalline - the most potent cannabis extract out there, often referred to as diamonds. In addition to these, we would like to consider the following rare concentrates:
● Moon rocks is a form of cannabis that should not be overlooked. They were made for true connoisseurs looking for a way to elevate their smoking experience. You can even make this special concentrate yourself from fresh whole nugs, concentrates (like shatter or crumble), and kief. But do not use a grinder. Simple tear each moon rock into smaller, pieces convenient to smoke.
● Cured resin. You probably heard about live resin, which is very similar to the cured one. As you know, live terpens are used for production of live resin, deep fresh freeze and other technologies. Cured resin is made from cured flower, or rather nug run material.
Of the other less known concentrates you should also take note of caviar, sugar, crumble, budder, kief, etc. We will talk more about these concentrates in our future articles.
Colorado Cannabis Concentrate Limits
Starting October 1, 2016, adults 21 years of and can purchase up to 8 grams of concentrate or 800 mg of edibles in one transaction.
Consumers can still buy up to 1 ounce (or 28 grams) of marijuana flower. These limits and calculations cover only products containing THC. If the edibles contain high doses of CBD but no THC, these limits do not apply. Equivalency:
8g concentrate = 1 oz flower
8g concentrate = 800mg edible
And you can always mix and match flower, edibles and concentrates, but all these calculations may be a bit confusing. When planning a trip to your favorite dispensary or ordering online, remember that 1/8 of an ounce of flower is equivalent to 1 gram of concentrate or 100 mg of edibles. And you can always ask your budtender for help.
We hope this information was useful and helped you understand the amazing world of concentrates better. You might also check out the article about the 710 Holiday or Concentrates Day.
The strain is hard to find in Colorado but if you do stumble upon it, do not miss out.
A closer look at an exciting indica hybrid that is a must have for cannabis enthusiasts.
If you are new to cannabis shopping and possibly consumption, this article is meant to help you make your first steps.
Major League Baseball announced changes to its drug use and testing policies.
We continue our series meant to help you around in your cannabis shopping in Colorado. Today we will cover purchase limits.
Let us look into the matter that worries many people new to cannabis, or infused products.
A closer look at one of the most popular energy boosting strains.
Today's strain is a wonderful indica for people with experience in cannabis consumption.
The House Judiciary Committee has approved a bill Wednesday that would decriminalize marijuana at the federal level.
Every Wednesday in January 2020 is a Willie Wednesday in Silver Stem Fine Cannabis Fraser.
Stop by our Nederland dispensary and enjoy a sweet deal - get 25% OFF Wana Tarts and Wana Drops
Month Long Promo от Love's Oven an incredible special offer for locals and visitors of our beautiful town of Nederland.
Win an Ounce of our Fine Cannabis every month for a YEAR!
To ensure that our medical customers get the best value we offer a happy hour discount at our Med locations - Denver East, Denver SW, and Littleton
Enjoy wax and shatter grams from our beloved partner El Sol Labs - now at the most incredible price.
Permanent discount for military and veterans
Every Saturday - purchase three grams of concentrates (excluding cartridges and bubble joints), and get one for a penny!