Edibles Guide Part 4. Do’s and Don'ts. Overconsumption
Although there is no record of anyone dying from too much weed, overconsumption is not the most pleasant of experiences.
Here are two main rules to remember, no matter how you feel.
1. There is no record of anyone dying from too much weed.
2. You are not dying - just calm down and breathe. It’s all in your head.
Do’s and Don'ts of Edibles Consumption
There is probably no need to tell you that it’s always better to consume at home or at a friends’ place. Basically, do it at a safe place where you feel comfortable and can enjoy cannabis to the full extent. If having done that you get some unusual sensations that does not necessarily mean you overdid it - anxiety might occur when using cannabis, with a lot depending on your mood. We will take a look at both cases - unusual feel and overconsumption as such.
What to Do if You Consumed Too Much?
1. It might sound a bit trite but you need to try to stay calm since the anxiety is usually just in your head, and not caused by the use of cannabis products.
2. Remember that the feeling is only temporary. Whatever is happening, recall what we told you in the previous section - it will pass soon.
3. Sit or lie down, close your eyes. This will help you to relax and calm yourself.
4. Close your eyes and try to sleep to pass the time - you’ll feel much better when you wake up.
5. Drink plenty of fluids, preferably water. It will help to rid the body of the tetrahydrocannabinol more quickly.
6. Do not eat anything! Food does not have the same effect on edibles as it does for alcohol. A meal will actually help ingest more THC into your system rather than dilute what's already there.
7. If you are not alone, let your friend or partner know that you have overdone it so that he/she will look after you and help you through this rough stage.
8. If you think that you need medical help, that your heart beats stronger than usual, pressure rises / falls, or you have other symptoms - you should call 911 or ask someone to take you to emergency room. In most cases, the sensations are exaggerated, and your body is in order, but it's better to see the doctor, and not put your health in jeopardy. You can safely inform the doctor about the use of cannabis, since its consumption is legal for both medical and recreational purposes in the state of Colorado. And may we remind you once again - there is no record of anyone dying from too much marijuana.
9. Some consumers note that chamomile tea is great when you need to calm down, but again - it's all individual.
What you Should NEVER DO with Edibles
1. If you consumed a lot, DO NOT DRIVE. Even if it is very urgent, or it’s not that far away, it doesn’t matter! Do not get behind the wheel. Period. You may endanger not only yourself, but other people as well.
2. DO NOT MIX EDIBLES WITH ALCOHOL. Not even with beer or wine. The use of alcohol during smoking affects the body differently than the intake of edibles, since in the case of the latter both products pass through the digestive system and are absorbed in the stomach, passing through the liver and kidneys. Drinking alcohol with edibles can cause nausea and dizziness. In rare cases, there may even be a strong form of intoxication. It is better not to risk it and set different days for alcohol and cannabis use.
3. DO NOT MIX EDIBLES WITH MEDICINES. Conventional pharmaceuticals that provide relaxing, sedative effects, or uplifting, energy boosting effects will not work properly, as they will interact with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and it is hard to predict what the eventual effect will be. It is definitely safer not to experiment.
4. KEEP EDIBLES SEPARATE FROM REGULAR FOOD. Avoid the risk of accidentally consuming other edibles after you get that buzz. Stock up with ordinary food and water.
Bear in mind that there are other standard warnings on the use of cannabis: do not operate machinery, do not work with chemicals, etc.
Read more from our Edibles Guide:
Part 1. What is the Right Dose of Edibles? What Does it Depend on?
Part 2. Dosage for Beginners and More Experienced Consumers
Part 3. How Fast Do Edibles' Effects Take? How Long do They Last?
Part 4. Do’s and Don'ts. Overconsumption
Part 7. Do Edibles Expire? How to Store Edibles?
Disclaimer. To eat or not to eat is solely your choice and no one else’s. We outlined recommendations solely for informational purposes. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that this information applies to certified products that are sold legally. Most of it does not apply to home cooked edibles, as there is no way to determine the exact composition, the overall and piece by piece THC levels, and so on. We strongly recommend refraining from edibles you don’t know.
As the snow melts and the temperatures start to rise, Colorado is the perfect destination for spring tourism.
Embark on an unforgettable journey through the Pacific Northwest on a Columbia and Snake Rivers Cruise, following the historic Lewis and Clark Expedition.
We are excited to announce the opening of our newest dispensary on Hayden Island in Portland, Oregon.
Cannabis is a wonderful way to relax and unwind after a long day, but when consumption gets out of control, it can lead to negative consequences.
The relationship between music and cannabis has a lengthy and closely connected past, with numerous individuals viewing the two as complementary.
Golf is a popular sport in Colorado, with its stunning views and challenging courses that attract players from all over the world.
Cannabis has a long and complex history, dating back centuries to its first recorded use in ancient civilizations.
With the legalization of cannabis in more and more states, the cannabis industry is booming.
Cannabis is becoming an increasingly popular wellness tool, with many people using it to aid in meditation, relaxation, and even enhancing their workout routines.
Stock up on premium strains at a great price
March sale of your favorite edibles
Get the best price on vape cartridges
Huge discount on Silver Stem prerolls! Get them now.
Sign up and save! Get a special discount just for joining.
Get a discount on your purchase to enjoy the festival!
Get a great deal on half ounces of select premium strains!
Get it now at select Silver Stem locations!
Try 15 strains and get a penny ounce as a reward!
Get a permanent discount as a senior citizen!