To Eat or Not to Eat. Part 5. Edibles vs Smoking.
What do smoking cannabis and consuming cannabis infused products have in common and what are the main differences?
This is a part of a series of articles about Edibles.
Part 1. What is the right dose of Edibles and what does it depend on?
Part 2. Dosage for beginners and more experienced consumers.
Part 3. Effects time.
Part 4. Overconsumption.
Part 5. Edibles vs Smoking.
Part 6. Types of Edibles.
5. Edibles vs Smoking.
How they are different.
- If you are simply not a fan of smoking, or if you have a respiratory condition, edibles make for a great alternative.
- Edibles take a long time for the effects to kick in but they provide a more discreet way of ingesting. Confectionery, drinks, gummies and other MIPs have no pungent smell of weed when stored or consumed, they are small and do not look anything like marijuana buds. They can be safely kept in your pocket, and their use does not require any special device. Edibles are portable, inconspicuous, and can be consumed anywhere, BUT keep in mind - public consumption of cannabis is against the law.
- Edibles provide a long lasting effect. If you suffer from chronic pain or insomnia, Edibles are just your thing, since their consumption an hour or two before going to bed will ensure a good night sleep while cannabis fights off the symptoms. That is one of the major reasons why numerous medical patients prefer edibles for dealing with pain.
- Delay in effects. As we learned in section 3, the Edibles do not kick in at once as it happens when you smoke - the usual time for the THC effects to settle varies from a few seconds to 10 minutes tops. Thus edibles are not suitable for fast relief.
- Different ways of ingestion. When you smoke, THC gets into the blood flow through the lungs and is then transferred to the human brain, thus you feel the effects almost instantaneously. When you eat/drink an edible it goes into the the stomach, where THC is slowly absorbed into the bloodstream. THC is then broken down by the liver, which converts THC to a more potent chemical called 11-hydroxy-THC.
- The same amount of THC will have a different potency - one milligram of THC in an edible can be up to 10 times stronger than ingesting a milligram of THC through smoking flower.
What do they have in common.
The final result is ultimately very similar. Consuming an indica edible you will feel relaxed, sedated and sleepy. Consuming sativa will make you talkative, elevate your creativity and energy.
To sum up - you will experience pretty similar effects from edibles as you do from smoking, though they will be delayed with no control over 'when' but they do offer a prolonged action.
Our Denver East and Denver SW locations will close early on May 30 and June 1, at 8pm.
It doesn’t matter what you are doing - watching your favorite show, doing chores, or playing games with your friends, marijuana is a great mood elevator, adding fun and excitement to just about anything you might do.
If you love coffee, and enjoy a joint to go with it, you will love Chocolope!
Cannabis and meditation make for a great mix due to similar effects. Many people find it challenging to stay calm and avoid stress during the pandemic, and this is where it comes in handy.
In recent years, cannabis topicals have been steadily gaining popularity alongside edibles and vape cartridges.
New research into preventive measure and possible treatment to the novel coronavirus has yielded an unlikely candidate — cannabis.
People of Asian or Black ethnic origin appear to be at a higher risk of death associated with Covid-19, the respiratory disease resulting from the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, according to the largest study to date.
Chem Dawg or Chemdog is a popular hybrid known for its distinctive aroma and powerful effects.
The biggest cannabis celebration of the year is coming up and we want to take a look at just how different will it be this time around.
We are partnering up with a leading vape manufacturer O.penVAPE to bring you an amazing deal on your favorite cartridges.
A sweet deal for medical and recreational patrons on Cheeba Chews edibles
Visit our Fraser location and take advantage of 1906 special
Visit our Denver East location for an amazing BOGO deal on delicious edibles from 1906
Enjoy 7 new deals - one for every day of the week
Get a 10% discount every Tuesday on your entire online purchase
To ensure that our medical customers get the best value we offer a happy hour discount at our Med locations