Edibles Guide Part 5. Edibles vs Smoking
What do smoking cannabis and consuming cannabis infused products have in common and what are the main differences?
How are Taking Edibles and Smoking Flower Different?
1. If you are simply not a fan of smoking, or if you have a respiratory condition, edibles make for a great alternative.
2. Edibles take a long time for the effects to kick in but they provide a more discreet way of ingesting. Confectionery, drinks, gummies and other marijuana infused products (MIPs) have no pungent smell of weed when stored or consumed, they are small and do not look anything like marijuana buds. They can be safely kept in your pocket, and their use does not require any special device. Edibles are portable, inconspicuous, and can be consumed anywhere, BUT keep in mind - public consumption of cannabis is against the law.
3. Edibles provide a long lasting effect. If you suffer from chronic pain or insomnia, Edibles are just your thing, since their consumption an hour or two before going to bed will ensure a good night sleep while cannabis fights off the symptoms. That is one of the major reasons why numerous medical patients prefer edibles for dealing with pain.
4. Delay in effects. As we learned in section 3, the Edibles do not kick in at once as it happens when you smoke - the usual time for the THC effects to settle varies from a few seconds to 10 minutes tops. Thus, edibles are not suitable for fast relief.
5. Different ways of ingestion. When you smoke, THC gets into the blood flow through the lungs and is then transferred to the human brain, thus you feel the effects almost instantaneously. When you eat/drink an edible it goes into the stomach, where THC is slowly absorbed into the bloodstream. THC is then broken down by the liver, which converts THC to a more potent chemical called 11-hydroxy-THC.
6. The same amount of THC will have a different potency - one milligram of THC in an edible can be up to 10 times stronger than ingesting a milligram of THC through smoking flower.
What do Edibles and Smoking Have in Common?
The final results are ultimately very similar. Consuming an indica edible will make you feel relaxed, sedated and sleepy. Consuming a sativa will make you talkative, elevate your spirits, boost creativity and energy.
To sum up - you will experience pretty similar effects from edibles as you do from smoking, though they will be delayed with no control over 'when' but they do offer a prolonged action.
Read more from our Edibles Guide:
Disclaimer. To eat or not to eat is solely your choice and no one else’s. We outlined recommendations solely for informational purposes. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that this information applies to certified products that are sold legally. Most of it does not apply to home cooked edibles, as there is no way to determine the exact composition, the overall and piece by piece THC levels, and so on. We strongly recommend refraining from edibles you don’t know.
A lot of people use cannabis to help with sleep management.
Every day, more and more people decide to try marijuana for recreational or medical purposes but they often don't know where to start.
Introducing Silver Stem dispensary located near Littleton and Englewood in the Fort Logan neighborhood
A majority of the states that legalized recreational marijuana for recreational use are collecting more tax revenue from pot sales than alcohol sales.
Consumption of marijuana provides a variety of effects that are often described as body high and head high.
A quick guide to various restrictions around cannabis shopping.
Economy, climate, health, medicine and culture. Colorado and the best places to live in the state.
Cannabis industry is one of the most highly taxed in the country. So how much tax do you pay and where does it go?
You all know some basic information about our locations but we wanted to introduce you to more details about them than just the location address and opening hours.
Get yourself a great discount just for signing up!
Enjoy a great discount on your favorite products!
Get a discount on your purchase to enjoy the festival!
Special prices on select strains of fine cannabis every day
Enjoy 7 new deals - one for every day of the week