To Eat or Not to Eat. Part 5. Edibles vs Smoking.
What do smoking cannabis and consuming cannabis infused products have in common and what are the main differences?
This is a part of a series of articles about Edibles.
Part 1. What is the right dose of Edibles and what does it depend on?
Part 2. Dosage for beginners and more experienced consumers.
Part 3. Effects time.
Part 4. Overconsumption.
Part 5. Edibles vs Smoking.
Part 6. Types of Edibles.
5. Edibles vs Smoking.
How they are different.
- If you are simply not a fan of smoking, or if you have a respiratory condition, edibles make for a great alternative.
- Edibles take a long time for the effects to kick in but they provide a more discreet way of ingesting. Confectionery, drinks, gummies and other MIPs have no pungent smell of weed when stored or consumed, they are small and do not look anything like marijuana buds. They can be safely kept in your pocket, and their use does not require any special device. Edibles are portable, inconspicuous, and can be consumed anywhere, BUT keep in mind - public consumption of cannabis is against the law.
- Edibles provide a long lasting effect. If you suffer from chronic pain or insomnia, Edibles are just your thing, since their consumption an hour or two before going to bed will ensure a good night sleep while cannabis fights off the symptoms. That is one of the major reasons why numerous medical patients prefer edibles for dealing with pain.
- Delay in effects. As we learned in section 3, the Edibles do not kick in at once as it happens when you smoke - the usual time for the THC effects to settle varies from a few seconds to 10 minutes tops. Thus edibles are not suitable for fast relief.
- Different ways of ingestion. When you smoke, THC gets into the blood flow through the lungs and is then transferred to the human brain, thus you feel the effects almost instantaneously. When you eat/drink an edible it goes into the the stomach, where THC is slowly absorbed into the bloodstream. THC is then broken down by the liver, which converts THC to a more potent chemical called 11-hydroxy-THC.
- The same amount of THC will have a different potency - one milligram of THC in an edible can be up to 10 times stronger than ingesting a milligram of THC through smoking flower.
What do they have in common.
The final result is ultimately very similar. Consuming an indica edible you will feel relaxed, sedated and sleepy. Consuming sativa will make you talkative, elevate your creativity and energy.
To sum up - you will experience pretty similar effects from edibles as you do from smoking, though they will be delayed with no control over 'when' but they do offer a prolonged action.
History is a bit hazy on the origins of Moon Rocks. We do know that this unique product has spread from the West Coast.
Blue Dream is an indica dominant hybrid that offers something for everyone, which has made it one of the most popular strains in the US and in Colorado in particular.
Cannabis companies are the leading sponsors of Colorado highways, accounting for cleanup on two-thirds of the roads maintained by Clean Colorado.
Here are some exciting ideas for your Valentine's Day this year.
Today we continue exploring the exciting world of cannabis concentrates. Let’s have a closer look at one of our team’s favorite - shatter.
Last Saturday, February 1st, Silver Stem unveiled a new and exciting piece of art at its Northfield dispensary.
The main game of the NFL’s 100th season will take place in Miami Gardens, Florida, where the Kansas City Chiefs will take on the San Francisco 49-ers.
Picking a product is never easy, so we decided to help you with the basics.
The strain is hard to find in Colorado but if you do stumble upon it, do not miss out.
Get a 10% discount every Tuesday on your entire online purchase
Visit our Sheridan location for an amazing deal on delicious edibles Stillwater Ripple or Gummies.
To ensure that our medical customers get the best value we offer a happy hour discount at our Med locations - Denver East, Denver SW, and Littleton
Enjoy wax and shatter grams from our beloved partner El Sol Labs - now at the most incredible price.
Permanent discount for military and veterans
Every Saturday - purchase three grams of concentrates (excluding cartridges and bubble joints), and get one for a penny!