To Eat or Not to Eat. Part 5. Edibles vs Smoking.
What do smoking cannabis and consuming cannabis infused products have in common and what are the main differences?
This is a part of a series of articles about Edibles.
Part 1. What is the right dose of Edibles and what does it depend on?
Part 2. Dosage for beginners and more experienced consumers.
Part 3. Effects time.
Part 4. Overconsumption.
Part 5. Edibles vs Smoking.
Part 6. Types of Edibles.
5. Edibles vs Smoking.
How they are different.
- If you are simply not a fan of smoking, or if you have a respiratory condition, edibles make for a great alternative.
- Edibles take a long time for the effects to kick in but they provide a more discreet way of ingesting. Confectionery, drinks, gummies and other MIPs have no pungent smell of weed when stored or consumed, they are small and do not look anything like marijuana buds. They can be safely kept in your pocket, and their use does not require any special device. Edibles are portable, inconspicuous, and can be consumed anywhere, BUT keep in mind - public consumption of cannabis is against the law.
- Edibles provide a long lasting effect. If you suffer from chronic pain or insomnia, Edibles are just your thing, since their consumption an hour or two before going to bed will ensure a good night sleep while cannabis fights off the symptoms. That is one of the major reasons why numerous medical patients prefer edibles for dealing with pain.
- Delay in effects. As we learned in section 3, the Edibles do not kick in at once as it happens when you smoke - the usual time for the THC effects to settle varies from a few seconds to 10 minutes tops. Thus edibles are not suitable for fast relief.
- Different ways of ingestion. When you smoke, THC gets into the blood flow through the lungs and is then transferred to the human brain, thus you feel the effects almost instantaneously. When you eat/drink an edible it goes into the the stomach, where THC is slowly absorbed into the bloodstream. THC is then broken down by the liver, which converts THC to a more potent chemical called 11-hydroxy-THC.
- The same amount of THC will have a different potency - one milligram of THC in an edible can be up to 10 times stronger than ingesting a milligram of THC through smoking flower.
What do they have in common.
The final result is ultimately very similar. Consuming an indica edible you will feel relaxed, sedated and sleepy. Consuming sativa will make you talkative, elevate your creativity and energy.
To sum up - you will experience pretty similar effects from edibles as you do from smoking, though they will be delayed with no control over 'when' but they do offer a prolonged action.
Today, we will cover another amazing cannabis concentrate by the name of rosin.
Today we are going to take a closer look at the exciting concentrate by the name of Live Resin.
The cannabis industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the U.S., providing numerous job opportunities. Here is how you can get a job in the nation’s first legal recreational cannabis market - Colorado.
It seems that with the Internet, cannabis legalization, and hundreds of expert articles readily available on the subject matter, these mistakes and various myths and urban legends should have become history but that is not true for many reasons.
The U.S. House of Representatives voted Wednesday to advance legislation that would allow banks to provide services to cannabis companies in states where it is legal.
2019 was a big year for us here at Silver Stem. We opened two brand new stores this year to fulfill the demand for high quality flower and cannabis products.
There is never a good reason NOT to have a spontaneous romantic evening with your partner, followed by passionate and naturally enhanced love making.
Due to the recent health scare of vaporizer cartridges causing lung problems and respiratory issues, we want to assure our customers of the safety of the products we carry and sell.
It’s 2019 and some things are better left in the past, especially considering that most of them have never been true in the first place.
Monday-Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm 25% OFF Flower
Monday-Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm $5 OFF Live Resin or cartridge
Enjoy wax and shatter grams from our beloved partner El Sol Labs - now at the most incredible price.
25% OFF one item or Buy 2, get 1 on all Locol Love products.
Permanent discount for military and veterans
Check out our new and improved dispensary and get a sweet deal
Visit our Denver SW location and get 20% off all Locol Love products
We strive to honor every American who served their country with easy access to cannabis
Visit our store near Winter Park and enjoy an amazing deal on the carefully selected flower from a legend: